Nevada Food Safety Manager Certification
Nevada Food Safety Training Requirements
Certified Food Manager
Nevada requires that a person-in-charge, an owner, or employee of a food establishment - (i.e., restaurants, markets, bakeries, bars, food trucks, commissaries, and food facilities that prepare, handle, or serve non-prepackaged potentially hazardous food) be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) or demonstrate knowledge of food safety as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
The certification exam must be proctored by you at a 3rd party test center location.
Schedule exam online at a testing center near you. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Nevada food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Individuals working in food facilities who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food are required to obtain a Food Handler's Card. This includes food employees that work in restaurants, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile vendors, food trucks, bars, and convenience stores - such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, caterers and managers.
Looking for Nevada Food Handler Training - Click here
Nevada Food Safety Training Regulations
Nevada Administrative Code – Chapter 446 – Food Establishments
Southern Nevada Health District – Food Establishment Regulations
Food Establishment Regulations – Chapter 10: Mobile Food Units:
Nevada Food Safety Contact Info
Division of Public Behavioral Health (DPBH)
Environmental Health Section – Food Establishments
4150 Technology Way, # 101
Carson City. NV 89706
Phone: (775) 687-7533
Nevada Food Safety Manager Training Course & ANSI Certification Exam
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
The course is based on the principles and recommendations of the FDA Food Code and is recommended for people involved in the preparation, handling, serving and displaying of food. Industry professionals who should consider this program include wait staff, chefs, cooks, bartenders, hosts and hostesses and supervisory personnel, such as the general manager or managers.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (English) – $85.00
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (Spanish) – $85.00
- Food Manager Certification ANSI Exam – $55.00
- Special: Food Safety Management Principles Course with ANSI Exam – $99.00
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
ANS Certification Exam
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final 90 question exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course. (*This exam is not accepted in Nevada and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - a HACCP Course is required.)
The Exam must be proctored at a 3rd party test center location. Schedule exam online at a testing center near you. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
If you have already passed a Food Safety Manager exam and it has not expired, your certification is valid nationwide, in all states. However, some jurisdictions have their own specific regulations, so make sure to check with your local health authority for any varying requirements.
Help with Exam
Before the Exam: To login into the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
To Schedule Your Exam Online: After purchasing the exam, please click here to schedule your exam. (Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
Course and Exam Completion Instructions: Upon receiving a passing score of 70%, candidates may print a proof of completion certificate from the LMS. Also, an official certificate will be mailed to candidates within 15 business days of exam completion. Certificate details are provided in this end of course instructions document. (400K- PDF) – Download
American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP) Accreditation Program
Food Protection Manager Certification Program
Company: 360training.com, Inc.
Accreditation ID: 0975
Website: ANSI (American National Standards Institute)
Nevada Food Safety Local Requirements
Counties of Clark and Washoe have Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) and Food Handler requirements.
Environmental Health Training Officers provided free training regarding changes made to the 2010 Regulations Governing the Sanitation of Food Establishments, which went into effect on November 1, 2010. http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/eh/regs-training.php
- Food Managers: There shall be at least one Certified Food Safety Manager (CFPM) person at each food facility. Certification is valid for 5 years.
- Food Handlers: A minimum of 2 hours of Food Safety is mandatory for food handlers. All food handlers (any employee coming into contact with food and/or food utensils, including managers) must possess a valid Food Handler’s Health Card issued by the Clark County Health District. The Clark County Food Code requires that each food establishment must have a person in charge who can demonstrate knowledge of food protection and sanitation.
- Food Managers: All food establishments, with the exception of Risk Level 1, are required to have at least one Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM). Obtaining a certification involves a two-step process.
1. Seek instruction and testing from a private company who offers one of the approved exams. The Washoe County Health District (WCHD) does not provide instruction or give these exams.
2. Acquire a CFPM photo ID card from the WCHD at 1001 East Ninth Street in Reno. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except holidays.
Applicant Certificate Check List
- Completed application form.
- Certificate/documentation showing training from a Washoe County approved course.
- Current driver’s license or other form of valid identification (must match certificate).
- Payment of fee (Health District accepts checks with proper ID, Visa, MasterCard, and cash).
- Call (775) 328-2434 for additional information.
- Food Handlers: N/A
- Course Duration: 8 Hours
- Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download course certificate upon completion!
- Schedule ANSI Certification Exam at a 3rd Party Test Center
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 - Online
Food Safety Manager Principles Course
Curso de Principios de Administración de Seguridad de Alimentos
Food Manager ANSI Certification Exam
Food Manager Course & ANSI Exam
Special Package Price: $99.00
For those needing more extensive food safety certification requirements, a Food Safety Manager HACCP Certification is available online. Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance (360 Training).
Food Safety HACCP for Retail Food Establishments – 16hrs
Price: $125.00 - More Info
Get up to a 40% group discount! Enroll and train all your food safety employees with a group enrollment. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners using a cloud-based platform. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Nevada for: Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, Paradise, North Las Vegas, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sparks, Carson City, Whitney, Pahrump, Winchester, Summerlin South, Fernley, Sun Valley, Elko, Spanish Springs, Mesquite, Boulder City, and many more!