Why is Food Safety Training important?
- Food safety and sanitation are integral to operating a successful food service. The safety of our food supply is a responsibility shared by producers, sellers, managers and handlers.
- Food safety training does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of your establishment, but also public safety.
- Businesses are more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and are willing to pay higher wages to those trained.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that because of foodborne illness 76 million people fall ill, 325,000 are hospitalized and 5,000 Americans die annually. Because of these alarming statistics, many states require certification of food managers which may include a food safety exam.
Food Safety Handler Training
- Individuals working in food facilities who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food are required to obtain a Food Handler's Card. This includes food employees that work in restaurants, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile vendors, food trucks, bars, kiosks, convenience stores, and other food service employees.
- Examples of food facility staff required to obtain a Food Handler's Card include: Wait staff - servers, chefs, cooks, mobile food vendors, bartenders, host/hostesses that handle food, bussers, caterers, supervisors and managers, food warehouse staff, and convenience store (c-store) clerks. Click here to view Food Handler State Map
Food Safety Manager Course & ANSI Certification
- Food establishments generally employ a person-in-charge (PIC) or a certified food manager (CFM) who requires food safety manger certification. These establishments include: bars, restaurants, mobile vendors, food trucks, caterers, assisted-living, prison facilities, and day care centers.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
- The ANSI exam is scheduled online and must be proctored at a 3rd party test center location.
(Note: To login to the exam, you will need the username and password sent to you after purchase in the exam enrollment notice email.)
Click here to view Food Manager State Map
Certified Food Manager ANSI Exam
Nationally Accredited Certification
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
The Learn2Serve ANSI-CFP accredited exam is accepted in all states that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals.
The Exam is scheduled online and proctored by a 3rd party test center near you. The certification will be valid for a maximum period of 5 years.
Food Safety Popular Courses
• California Food Handler - $7.00
• California Food Manager - $99.00
• Chicago Food Service Manager – $99.00
• Illinois Food Handler & Alcohol – $24.95
• Los Angeles Food Manager – $99.00
• Massachusetts Food Manager – $99.00
• Nevada Food Handler & Alcohol – $29.95
• New York Food Manager – $99.00
• Texas Food Handler - $7.00
• TABC & Texas Food Handler – $16.99
• Texas Food Manager - $85.15
HACCP Food Safety Training
International HACCP Alliance Accedited
First accredited HACCP 16hr course for retail food establishments - accepted nationwide and accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
School District HACCP Plan 4hr course.
Seafood HACCP 1hr course required by 21 CFR Part 123 – the “Seafood HACCP Regulation".